GAPs Online Produce Safety Course
The next English GAPs Online Produce Safety Course will begin on October 10, 2018 and run through October 30, 2018. This course is intended to improve your understanding of GAPs to guide assessment of risks and implementation of practices to reduce risks on fresh produce farms.
We have an additional GAPs Online Produce Safety Course session scheduled for 2018 on the following date:
28 November running through 18 December, 2018
Taking this course will not result in your farm being "GAPs Certified". GAPs certification is done by a third party (e.g. USDA, Primus, Global GAP) and involves the successful completion of an on-farm audit.
It is also important to consider that the GAPs Online Produce Safety Training Course is not currently equivalent to the required supervisor training described in the FSMA Produce Safety Rule 21 CFR Subpart C § 112.22(c). This GAPs Online Produce Safety Training Course may, however, satisfy training requirements as described in the FSMA Produce Safety Rule in §§ 112.21(a) and (b).
The Produce Safety Alliance website maintains a list of upcoming Grower Training Courses that meets the requirement in § 112.22(c) of the FSMA Produce Safety Rule.
To register for any session of the GAPs Online Produce Safety Course, visit the National Gaps Program eCornell registration and follow these instructions:
- Go to the bottom of the registration landing page
- Click the + sign next to Other, then click the Enroll Now link
- After selecting the desired course, click Add to Cart and Checkout
- After selecting Checkout for a second time, you will be asked to Create an Account and complete your eCornell Profile
- Creating your profile, under Employer Information, Group Affiliations, you will be asked to enter a Group Code—enter G000107. (Please note that these are zeros and not the letter "O").
- Then click Add Group. A minimum of 10 people must be registered for us to offer the course and class size is limited to 25 people. The course price is $225.
Please let Don Stoeckel (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any questions or concerns. View more information about the GAPs Online Produce Safety Course.
E-mail Michele Humiston (email@example.com) if you wish to receive e-mail notifications of future online course dates and open registrations, or if you wish to be removed from the GAPs online course listserv.