COFFEE CHATS ARE BACK!
The Master Gardener Volunteers will again offer a series of FIRST FRIDAY Coffee Chats on gardening related topics! These 1-hour small group presentations come with coffee, snacks, and discussion with Master Gardener Volunteers on targeted topics of interest to you!
Join us on the First Friday of each month at 10:00 AM at the OSU Extension Office in Medina at 120 W Washington St., Suite 1-L to meet fellow garden enthusiasts & volunteers, and learn something new! Talks are approximately 1 hour in length and cost $5.00 per person (unless otherwise noted). Pre-registration is encouraged as space is limited, but walk-ins are also welcome (unless otherwise noted or if room fills).
NEW FOR 2018!
Thursday night prior, 7:00 - 8:30 PM
Catch the same Friday morning session the night before.
THE LINE UP!
FIRST WAVE: Registration Form
February 2: Color your Garden Romantic
- learn about garden designs that represent love, smell of chocolate, and evoke a romantic setting in the garden just in time for Valentine's Day.
March 2: Plant Hormones? What they are and what they do
- learn why and how plants function day to day. Take a deeper dive into plant physiology by learning about the signals plants send to grow, bloom, and follow the light.
April 6: Garbage to Compost
- Composting is all the rage! Learn about compost and keeping a small worm compost bin inside to handle your small kitchen scraps and reduce your waste.
May 4: Grow Tomatoes!
- back by popular demand, learn about the myths and truths of growing fantastic tomatoes.
SECOND WAVE: Registration Form
June 1: HOSTA SCHOOL!
- Learn about growing shade's favorite plant, HOSTA!
July 6: Tips for Physically Challenged Gardeners
- Bending and kneeling, reaching and pulling can be difficult for any gardener. Learn about garden adaptations to make your work a little easier.
August 3: The Tired Garden
- Gardens can peter out in the heat of summer, learn tips and tricks to keep your garden vibrant all year long!
September 7: Houseplants! From inside to out!
- Tips for caring for houseplants throughout the season from indoors to out!
THIRD WAVE: Registration Form
October 5: Good Bugs Gone Bad: Insects in and around your home
- learn more about insects impacting your yard and home
November 2: Herbs for the Holidays
- learn about growing the herbs that flavor the holiday season!
***December 7: BRINGING IN THE GREENS Make-and-Take Workshop
- Back by popular demand, learn about the evergreens in your yard you can use to create a swag or table decor for the holidays. Pre-Registration IS REQUIRED .
- Available Friday AM ONLY. No decaf chat option.
- Cost is $15.00 per person for additional supplies.
** Denotes program that has an additional fee TBD for materials. Space will be limited and pre-registration IS REQUIRED these dates. No walk-ins please.)